KHADI AND VILLAGE INDUSTRIES COMMISSION
3, IRLA ROAD, VILE PARLE (WEST), MUMBAI - 56
REGP/Gen/M-34/07-08 March 28, 2008
C I R C U L A R
Sub:- Introduction of Prime Minister Employment Generation
Programme (PMEGP) in place of Rural Employment
Generation Programme and PMRY - reg.
1. The Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India has decided to introduce a new
scheme called Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)
by merging REGP and by revising certain parameters of the scheme. The
cabinet approval for the new scheme is likely to be received by May/June,
2. Since REGP will cease to exist w.e.f. 1.4.2008. All the CEO,
State/Divisional KVIB, UT KVIBs, Public Sector Banks, State/Divisional
Directors are advised to ensure that no proposals are accepted or sanctioned
under REGP w.e.f. 1.4.2008.
3. All out efforts may be made to ensure that all pending margin money
schemes for REGP project sanctioned upto 31.3.2008 are expeditiously
examined and settled by 30.4.2008. This may be done by exhausting large
unspent balance available with the field offices of KVIC/KVIB and Nodal
Branches of Banks.
4. The details of unspent balance available as on 31.3.2008 may
immediately communicated to Director (REGP) for monitoring and further
5. CEO, KVIBs and State/Divisional Directors may bring to the notice of
SLBC, Bank State Controllers and LDMs on the discontinuance of REGP
scheme w.e.f. 1.4.2008 and not to accept or sanction any projects under
REGP for the financial year 2008-09, since no margin money subsidy will be
available from Govt. of India for the same.
: 2 :
6. These aspects may also be highlighted through local advertisement,
Bankers meeting and prominent displays on the notice board on the offices of
KVIC and KVIB.
7. On receipt of approval from Ministry of MSME, Govt of India for PMEGP
the same shall be communicated alongwith the targets to CEO, KVIBs and
State /Divisional Directors, KVIC for implementation of the scheme.
The above instructions are brought to the notice for immediate
compliance of all concerned.
Chief Executive Officer
1. CEO, State/UT KVIB
2. All Dy. CEOs
3. State/Divisional Directors
4. Director, REGP
Copy for favor of information :
1. Members of KVIC
2. Financial Advisor, KVIC, Mumbai
3. Jt. C.E.O., KVIC, Mumbai
4. Secretary to Chairperson
5. CEO Cell
6. Director (IT) for website
7. Director (Publicity)for publishing in Jagriti.